Power Washing Removes Rust Stains From Your Home or Commercial Property
Rust and Iron Stain Removal: Do you have stubborn rust or iron stains on your home or commercial building? You may be wondering if those corrosive stains will ever come off. Well, the answer is yes, they can, provided you get help from a professional pressure washer with the proper tools, equipment and know-how. Whether on your commercial building, patio, sidewalk or metal surfaces, getting rid of rust won’t be easy.
It’s ugly, to be sure, but it’s also hazardous and hard to remove. Rust, a corrosive material that eats away at surfaces, can’t be allowed to sit for too long. If you are a homeowner, the prevalence of rust stains on your property will depend on iron levels in your water and the type of outdoor furniture you own. Some stains are small, while others are large: Minor stains are light in color, and usually don’t cover a very big surface area, while major stains are darker and cover a larger surface area.
What Causes Rust?
Rust can develop on your concrete surfaces and other materials for a variety of reasons:
- Rusty patio furniture, radiator leaks and hard water from your sprinkler system will all contribute to rusting.
- Whenever there is constant contact between metal and concrete, and water is involved, rust proliferates.
- Certain natural stones with elements of rust will stain concrete patios and other surfaces.
- Fertilizer over-spray and leaking battery acid will also cause rust.
What To Do About It
Pressure washing, performed by professionals, is the only way to get rid of the rust without damaging surrounding areas. You can also use pressure washing to remove paint, such as graffiti. The high pressure levels and high flow rate are both needed to remove those stubborn rust stains.
Power washing is especially effective over large areas, such as industrial walls or building façades where rust has taken over on a grand scale. Pressure washing not only gets off all the rust, it properly preps the surface for new paint.
- You can also do your part to prevent rust from taking over.
- Ensure proper water drainage and seal your concrete surfaces regularly.
- Fix any leaks immediately so water doesn’t mix with concrete for a long period of time.
- Schedule regular power washing to remove rust from all surfaces.
Contact Clearview Washing
Need help removing stubborn iron and rust stains from your property? No worries. Just contact us today at 732-462-1187. Our team has the expertise to do it right, without damaging your concrete or other surfaces.