Shrink Wrapping Outdoor Furniture NJ: Prepping your outdoor furniture for shrink wrapping by experts is simple. Sure, you could buy the shrink wrap rolls from a moving supply, office supply or big box store and do it yourself, but in the end, it’s just easier and safer to let the pros handle this difficult and precise process. Shrink wrap, available in rolls or sheets, is designed to cover your outdoor furniture through the application of heat. This will form a precise fit for weather protection.
You may choose this option in the winter months when you don’t have extra storage areas for your large items such as patio furniture. You can shrink wrap your outdoor furniture separately or as a bundle. Check out these tips on prepping your stuff.
Clear a Spot
Select a spot on your patio or in your yard, or anywhere else you have enough space. It’s best to give yourself at least 10 to 15 feet. Remove flower pots, garden supplies, outdoor rugs, or other obstacles that may get in your way.
- If wrapping your furniture individually, position the piece in the way you would normally use it. If you are moving, this is the best way to wrap your furniture. If you’re simply storing it for the winter, you can bundle them all together, as weight or bulk won’t matter.
- If wrapping them all in a bundle, stack your furniture together. When wrapping a table and chairs, place a blanket on the table. Then, stack the chairs, upside down, on top of the table. Wrapping chairs and no table? Stack them one on top of the other. Leave the patio umbrella in the table and lower it down as far as possible. Wrap it with bungee cords or rubber bands just in case it opens up.
- If you have small items you wish to include in the bundle, store them underneath the table or chairs. Tie the furniture together with zip ties or bungee cords. Connect all chairs by tying the armrests together and furniture legs together.
Now it’s time to shrink wrap! You can either purchase shrink wrap at the moving store, construction supply store or big box store, or you can purchase heated shrink wrap. We don’t recommend this as a DIY project, as it involves high heat and the potential for damage if you’re not careful.
Contact Clearview Washing
Want to get your outdoor furniture shrink wrapped this fall? Contact the professionals at Clearview Washing. We offer shrink wrap services for patio furniture, as well as boats, fire pits, grills, lawn mowers, and much more. Rest assured, we come with all the equipment to make sure the job is done right. The material we use will protect your items against wind, rain, snow, UV rays and rust, guaranteeing a tight fit.
Shrink Wrapping Service NJ: Why not shrink wrap your outdoor furniture and other large items instead of covering them with ugly tarps or spending lots of money on off-site storage? Protect your investments with shrink wrap. This is basically a plastic film that is applied to any object, conforming to the shape perfectly when heat is applied, without damage. Your objects are then protected from the cold, harsh effects of winter.
Items that can be shrink wrapped include:
- Outdoor bars
- Pool kitchen islands
- Outdoor furniture
- Patio, pool furniture, and lawn furniture
- Barbecue pits and grills
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool houses
- Hot tubs and above ground pools
- Boats and airplanes
- Yard ornaments
- Swing sets
- Recreational vehicles
Advantages to Shrink Wrapping
1. Corrosion Prevention
Shrink wrap prevents chafing and corrosion, due to ventilation options that can reduce or eliminate mildew and moisture problems – vital when there are electrical circuits involved. You don’t want to lose expensive items to rust because it can be very expensive to replace them. Protect them while you can with shrink wrap.
Once applied, heated, and sealed, shrink wrap will fully protect the items enclosed so that they are not destroyed or damaged by dirt, moisture, dust or UV rays. It’s just as good as storing them indoors!
Our shrink wrap is very high in quality, and it won’t sag, droop, or loosen. Made from durable and sturdy, new plastic material rather than used, recycled plastic, it becomes very difficult to puncture or tear, plus it won’t get weak or brittle when exposed to extreme cold or heat.
When you think of the high cost of other packaging and storing solutions, shrink wrap is the most affordable option. No bulky boxes, ugly tarps or dangerous bungees! Plus, shrink wrap allows you to save space.
5. Tamper-Proof Peace of Mind
Shrink wrap, once applied with heat, will retain its shape and create a reliable seal. If it’s been tampered with, it will be immediately apparent. Get peace of mind knowing your items have been sitting in your yard unscathed all season long.
Contact Clearview Washing
Shrink Wrapping Holmdel NJ