A biological by-product of the rubber tree plant, natural latex is harvested over the course of the tree’s lifespan. This typically lasts more than 50 years. Through a process of heating and vulcanization, the organic compound results in a thin liquid that is used to make plush latex foam.
Latex Mattresses: Facts
- Latex has a long life span.
- You can customize them so each sleep partner achieves the ideal sleep surface.
- This material has a high level of customer satisfaction.
- It’s versatile and adaptable.
- It offers extreme comfort for users.
- It’s manufactured in a wide spectrum of firmness options and varieties, such as sustainably-harvested botanical latex or synthetic latex varieties.
- Latex mattresses are high in quality, much more so than traditional mattresses.
Differences: Latex vs. Traditional Mattress
Traditional mattresses have many cons, such as:
- Discomfort, leading to poor sleep quality.
- Broadcast motion, meaning if you move, your partner is disrupted.
- Can be very hot to sleep on, leading to sleepers who wake often, usually in a sweat and very uncomfortable. This extra sweat increases the risk of mold growth.
- Wear out quickly, leading to quicker replacement and higher costs over time.
- Trap allergens such as mites, mold, mildew, and dust particles.
- Discourage proper spinal alignment, which can aggravate existing medical conditions.
On the other hand, latex mattresses can help you boost your quality of sleep and quality of life because they cushion your body, regulate body temperature, align your spine, and can last up to 20 years.
Research shows that high-quality sleep for at least seven hours is important for a healthy body and mind. You already know that the quality of your mattress can significantly impact how restful your sleep is. A natural latex mattress provides a deep, refreshing, restorative sleep you require to be productive, thanks to the material’s high elasticity and incredible pressure relief.
Pros of Latex Mattresses
Why are latex mattresses better than traditional mattresses? Here are some of the most common reasons:
- Body-contouring: Latex has the ability to contour to your body, compressing under your hips and shoulders while supporting your waist and legs. This gives the surface a quicker reaction time than memory foam can.
- Resilience: All-natural latex foam has a “bounce” to it that can compress and then spring right back to its original shape. This results in a soft yet supportive mattress.
- Medical issues: Even though latex hasn’t been approved for medical use, the soft support of a botanical latex mattress aligns the spine and cradles body parts that are in pain, while decreasing pressure points. This is good news for those who suffer from back problems, chronic pain such as fibromyalgia, or spinal cord injury.
- Long-lasting. Warranties for latex mattresses usually last 20 years or more. When well cared for and placed on the right latex mattress foundation, it can last even longer than that. Plus, there’s no sagging so you never have to flip a latex mattress.
- Hypo-allergenic and anti-microbial: Dust mites, mold and mildew can’t penetrate the surface of latex mattresses very easily. Latex foam is anti-microbial and thus remains hygienic over its lifespan.
- Temperature regulation: Latex foam regulates body temperature while sleeping, allowing for proper air flow. The mattress is allowed to “breathe” through tiny pinholes, keeping you cooler in the summer. Research shows that well-regulated skin temperature results in better comfort and deeper sleep.
- Eco-friendly. Natural botanical latex may be harvested without having to kill the rubber tree plant that it comes from. Indeed, an all-natural latex mattress can be made without using petrochemicals or synthetic materials. Some latex mattresses are even manufactured right at the rubber tree site, reducing the expense and carbon footprint of shipping the product.
Comparing Mattress Types
- Gel Mattresses:This type is good for pressure-relief and temperature-regulating comfort, but they rely on layers for this support and can get quite expensive.
- Memory Foam Mattresses:This is a space-age synthetic material that conforms to your body. It’s temperature-sensitive, becoming less supportive when in contact with body heat overnight.
- Air Mattresses:These can be adjusted for firmness by adding or removing air. However, air leaks in the casing can happen over time.
- Innerspring Mattresses:The coils in innerspring mattresses will compress over the years, resulting in distinct body impressions.
Synthetic and Blended Latex vs. All Natural Latex
Manufacturers are capable of making synthetic latex that imitates the support of natural foam latex. However, it’s not as buoyant, durable, or cushiony as the natural version.
All Natural Latex
Manufactured entirely from botanical latex, this foam is made in a variety of firmnesses, thicknesses, surface treatments and internal constructions.
Synthetic latex costs less than natural latex foam. It’s made in a lab, usually at the foam manufacturing site. This prevents the need for intense harvesting practices and shipping.
These still don’t have quite the body-contouring support that real latex does, even though they contain a little bit of natural latex with the synthetic product to increase resilience and quality.
Types of Latex Foam
Latex is produced in one of two ways: Talalay or Dunlop. Each processing type has its own drawbacks and benefits.
This process, originating in the mid-20th century, involves liquid latex being poured into frames in layers, then cooled and vulcanized, resulting in a strong, long-lasting latex.
This has a mix of latex and air that is uniformly distributed at a molecular level, and is lighter than the Dunlop latex. It’s more high-tech, and requires the shipment of liquid latex to a processing facility that is often situated far from the rubber tree estate. The liquid latex is whipped and poured into a frame, vacuum molded and flash-frozen, quickly congealing into foam.
Wondering which one is better? It’s really up to your personal preference, as both are supportive, comfortable, cost effective and long-lasting.
Latex Foam Mattress: Making Sure You are Satisfied
You’re a smart shopper, right? So don’t neglect the research phase so you can make the best possible decision. Here is how you can go about it.
Compare similar mattresses when determining price. For instance, two Dunlop mattresses can be very different – one could be all natural and the other synthetic. Understand how each mattress is constructed so you can get a true apples to apples comparison between them.
What Does “Natural” Mean?
Your idea of a “natural” or “organic” latex mattress should gel with the manufacturer’s. Some are considered “organic” due to the rubber tree farmers using organic methods, but keep in mind that chemicals may be added during latex processing. Plus, manufacturers often bind foam layers together with industrial glues and may even cover the mattress with petrochemical fire barriers.
An “all-natural” label means botanical latex was used in the mattress’s manufacture. Consider the processing and materials that comprise your mattress during the research phase so you know you’re getting what you paid for.
Try Smaller, More Specialized Companies
Most large mattress brands resell inventory received from third-party manufacturers, which translates to high overhead costs. This means they can’t invest in the highest quality latex mattresses, and you’ll also shell out more at major chains, even with a lesser quality product.
Online warehousing operations or small businesses with a couple locations will give you the highest quality, as they offer cost-saving measures and better quality inventory.
Check manufacturers who sell direct to consumers, too, so you don’t have to go through a middleman.
How to Customize the Sleep Experience
Latex is flexible, which means it can be rolled up into a cylinder to get added support for your body where you need it most. It’s made using a wide range of components and techniques, available in layered configurations and ILDs (support measurements) for top-notch customization.
Do Your Research
Always do your homework on the mattress company before choosing them to make it is reputable, secure, legitimate, and experienced.
Here are some questions to ask when you call:
What’s the return policy? You should be able to return the bed within a specified amount of time if unsatisfied.
What’s your rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)? The Better Business Bureau will tell you if a business is reputable, properly licensed, and qualified, or if there have been complaints about a given company.
What kind of customer service can I expect? Can you speak to a real person, or are you shuttled through the phone system and receive no help at all?
What is your warranty? Look for warranties lasting 20 years or more.
What do the online latex mattress reviews say? Make sure the reviews you’re seeing are mostly positive.
There are several positive benefits to latex mattresses, so if you’re in the market for one, come view our large selection here at Best Bed USA!
Rust and Iron Stain Removal: Do you have stubborn rust or iron stains on your home or commercial building? You may be wondering if those corrosive stains will ever come off. Well, the answer is yes, they can, provided you get help from a professional pressure washer with the proper tools, equipment and know-how. Whether on your commercial building, patio, sidewalk or metal surfaces, getting rid of rust won’t be easy.
It’s ugly, to be sure, but it’s also hazardous and hard to remove. Rust, a corrosive material that eats away at surfaces, can’t be allowed to sit for too long. If you are a homeowner, the prevalence of rust stains on your property will depend on iron levels in your water and the type of outdoor furniture you own. Some stains are small, while others are large: Minor stains are light in color, and usually don’t cover a very big surface area, while major stains are darker and cover a larger surface area.
What Causes Rust?
Rust can develop on your concrete surfaces and other materials for a variety of reasons:
- Rusty patio furniture, radiator leaks and hard water from your sprinkler system will all contribute to rusting.
- Whenever there is constant contact between metal and concrete, and water is involved, rust proliferates.
- Certain natural stones with elements of rust will stain concrete patios and other surfaces.
- Fertilizer over-spray and leaking battery acid will also cause rust.
What To Do About It
Pressure washing, performed by professionals, is the only way to get rid of the rust without damaging surrounding areas. You can also use pressure washing to remove paint, such as graffiti. The high pressure levels and high flow rate are both needed to remove those stubborn rust stains.
Power washing is especially effective over large areas, such as industrial walls or building façades where rust has taken over on a grand scale. Pressure washing not only gets off all the rust, it properly preps the surface for new paint.
- You can also do your part to prevent rust from taking over.
- Ensure proper water drainage and seal your concrete surfaces regularly.
- Fix any leaks immediately so water doesn’t mix with concrete for a long period of time.
- Schedule regular power washing to remove rust from all surfaces.
Contact Clearview Washing
Need help removing stubborn iron and rust stains from your property? No worries. Just contact us today at 732-462-1187. Our team has the expertise to do it right, without damaging your concrete or other surfaces.
Furniture Removal NJ: Got an outdated kitchen set with a wobbly leg, or an old armchair that hasn’t reclined in years? What about your kids’ old bedframe they haven’t used since they were 9, or all that old office furniture you no longer need after that recent business relocation? All this old stuff can pose a safety hazard because people can trip on it, plus it can block fire exits.
Hey, we all have old furniture lying around our homes, attics, basements, and spare rooms. However, at some point, you have to realize it’s no longer serving you and it should be thrown away. But how can you best get rid of old furniture in New Jersey?
Got Trash has the answer, as we are the cheapest service in the state, and the most attentive to boot. Offering next-day service, our crews work seven days a week for your convenience, handling furniture removal throughout New Jersey, as well as estate cleanouts and junk removal.
3 Advantages to Hiring Furniture Removal Services
Even if you have furniture that’s still in fair condition and wanted to try selling it online or donating it to a local charity, you would still have to do all the legwork yourself. And if they see it and decide it’s not up to their standards, you’re still stuck with it. This is why you should just do yourself a favor and hire a professional furniture removal service in the first place. Furniture removal will:
- Save you effort. One big downside of furniture removal is that you have to know where to take it all, which takes time and many phone calls/web searches to determine. You can’t always depend on your local trash collection guys to carry it away if you haul it to the curb. If you do place it on the curb, this could invite a code violation.
- Take the burden off your shoulders. Save your physical health and well-being and let someone else do it for you. There’s a lot of back-breaking work that goes along with furniture removal. These items are heavy and awkward to maneuver, making the process a very time-consuming one.
- Save you time. Save time with pros who simply show up at your door. Removing furniture is about a lot more than getting it out the door. There’s also the prospect of transporting it to the local landfill or waste collection site.
As you can see, there are several reasons why you should hire a furniture removal service like Got Trash.
Why Depend on Furniture Removal Services?
You may be thinking: heck, I can just leave that old table or sofa out by the curb and the regular trash guys will take it on their weekly rounds. Not so. Most times, the regular trash pickup trucks will not take away bulk items from the curb when they empty your bins. You either have to call them ahead of time and pay to leave one item out a week, or call a private trash pick-up service that charges good money for each individual item. And even then, you are the one who has to haul the furniture out to the curb, risking your neck and back.
Some towns may offer cleanup days where they will come by and grab your furniture from the curb, but not all towns offer this.
Got Trash has a strong crew that will pick up ALL your items, regardless of amount, and get it all done within 30 minutes. AND you don’t have to bring it to the curb. They’ll arrive with the proper equipment to get it out of your house or backyard for one low price.
Why Onsite Computer Repair Benefits Customers – When your laptop or desktop crashes and you’re facing an emergency, you need to get the problem resolved as quickly as possible so you can resume normal activity. But, especially in the case of business customers, you can’t always leave your workplace to bring the affected computer to a repair facility.
That’s where onsite computer repair services come in handy. Even for homeowners, it can be a godsend, particularly for those who work from home or who otherwise can’t readily get away.
Here are some of the main benefits of taking advantage of onsite repair:
- Same day service: When you’re sidelined by a laptop issue, you don’t have time to wait. If you take it to a repair shop, you usually have to leave it there for at least a few days before you can pick it up again. With onsite services, that waiting time is eliminated, as your specific problem is the technician’s #1 priority at that moment.
- Variety of available services: Any service you can get at a repair shop, you can get onsite as well. From hardware replacement and virus removal to network setup and cracked screens, there is a wide variety of available services to take advantage of.
- Time savings: No need to waste time researching local computer repair shops, commuting there, waiting days for service, then traveling back there to pick it up. When you schedule onsite service, you save time and headaches.
- No extra charge: Many onsite computer repair providers don’t charge extra for onsite services. No hidden fees and price gouging = peace of mind.
- Context: It’s often easier for technicians to troubleshoot a computer system in its natural habitat. Sometimes the issue isn’t an internal issue but rather has something to do with the network as a whole, such as wonky printer or faulty power board. Putting things into context makes it easier and faster for technicians to do their jobs.
- Convenience: Onsite computer repair fits in with your busy life, whether you’re a student, professional or company. When onsite repairs can be done in the comfort of your workplace or home, the inconvenience of laptop snafus can be greatly reduced.
Of course, no one wants to experience a computer or laptop issue at any time, but if this does happen to you, don’t you want to know you can call an expert who will come to your home or business? We thought so.
Furniture Removal: The furniture you no longer need can really start to take up space, posing a safety risk with too much clutter. Fortunately, you can just call us to get rid of it all.
Listen, we know how overwhelming junk can be as it clutters up your space. Let us get rid of it quickly and efficiently. When you opt for Got Trash NJ you get personalized attention to the task at hand, whether you’re renovating your home and have old furniture you want to trash, or you’re moving from one home to the next and need to make way for new stuff.
The licensed and insured professionals at Got Trash NJ are trash removal specialists, which means we can get rid of all the stuff that stresses you out quickly and efficiently. We know how overwhelming junk can be as it clutters up your home or office!
Furniture We Take
When you have a lot of large items to get rid of, it can be stressful trying to figure out what to do. Why stress yourself out about dragging all that heavy stuff out to the curb and risking a broken back? Got Trash NJ has the answers you seek.
Furniture Removal – Large or small, old or new, we take it all:
- Patio furniture
- Dining room sets
- Coffee tables
- End tables
- Kitchen tables and chairs
If you don’t spot your item on the list, don’t worry: we likely take whatever it is you have. From single items to a bunch of truckloads, Got Trash NJ takes most furniture, with all reusable items being recycled whenever possible.
Stress-Free Solutions That Work
Got Trash NJ is skilled in all areas of furniture removal for your home or business.
Call Got Trash NJ for these reasons and more:
- Affordable dumpster rental rates
- Free no-obligation quotes
- 24/7 availability – Call us anytime from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., any day of the week
- Same-day service
- Courteous and professional behavior
- Fully Licensed and Insured
- Efficiency and accuracy
- Family owned business
- Open lines of communication
- Money-saving discounts
If efficiency and accuracy are what you are after, Got Trash leaves you with a clean space and peace of mind.
Yard Cleanouts and More
We also handle:
- Yard, attic and garage cleanouts
- Appliances, sheds, decks and all household items
- Estate sale and estate cleanouts
- Construction and yard debris removal (wood, trees, household items, and all waste materials)
- Entire house, office and building cleanouts
- Demolition service including interior and exterior
- Swing sets, basketball hoops, patio furniture, hot tubs and above ground pools
And best part is, our fleet of dumpsters can handle all your furniture, trash, garbage and debris no matter what size you need to accommodate it all.
Contact Got Trash NJ for Furniture Removal
To learn more, call us at 732-431-2788 or fill out our online form. Get a free estimate today with Got Trash.