As a property manager, you understand the importance of ensuring your buildings and landscapes not only look clean and inviting but are safe for occupants. That includes washing your windows regularly. However, who has the time or resources to clean their own windows? Instead, turn to a professional skilled in commercial window cleaning for the job.
You know that property management is a full-time job, which means you don’t want to hassle with window cleaning. However, it’s one of the most important exterior maintenance chores out there. Check out what you should know before scheduling window cleaning services.
Timing: What to Consider
Whether because you simply forget or don’t know how often these things should be done, you may find yourself falling behind on your window cleaning services. Check out this general guideline for cleaning commercial windows:
- Office buildings – 2x/year
- High-traffic retail stores – Every 2 to 4 weeks
- Low-traffic offices/retail shops – Every 4 to 8 weeks
- Healthcare facilities – Once a month
- Office building lobby windows – Every 4 to 8 weeks
Other Factors to Consider
In addition to timing considerations, read these four factors:
- Landscaping – Your building will need to be frequently cleaned of the surrounding landscape, if it’s located near a parking lot with a lot of mulch beds.
- Season – Weather is a big consideration. During spring, for example, we see heavier rains and lots of pollen which can leave deposits on glass. Translation? You will need to clean your windows more often in this season to maintain their appearance and quality.
- Type of business – In order to ensure a clean, professional look, office buildings don’t need to be cleaned quite as often as other types of businesses.
- Business location – Your building will get dirty faster and must be cleaned more frequently if it’s located near a busy street or highway.
It’s always helpful to consult with a professional window cleaning company first, when trying to determine the frequency of window cleaning. They can set you up with a commercial window cleaning maintenance program customized for your type of property and frequency of use. But prior to hiring a window washing company, ask around for a few quotes before selecting the most reputable one with the best prices.
Contact Clearview Washing
Are you a property manager? Do you need window cleaning services for your commercial property? Simply call our professionals today at 732-462-1187, as we specialize in commercial window cleaning throughout New Jersey. Our headquarters is located in Freehold and we would be happy to give you a free quote.